Conditions & Terms of Contract
- Submission form: Please read all the information supplied carefully then complete all the relevant sections of the submission form in BLOCK LETTERS. The completion of the submission form is taken as an acceptance of the terms of contract.
- Sample: Failure to supply adequate samples may necessitate a request for a second sample and delay issuing of the result. Samples can only be accepted if sent by a qualified physician or a recognized diagnostic laboratory.
- Payment: GENDIA will invoice the party specified in the submission form to effect payment for testing. GENDIA partner labs will be billed seperately every 3 months. We accept payment by credit card (MasterCard or Visa) or direct bank transfer.
- Results: Turnaround times for the various genetic tests differ and are available on request. Test results can be sent by regular mail, fax, and/or email to the referring physician or laboratory.
- Consent: Consent is required before a sample can be taken from any individual. In the case of minors, donors suffering from a mental disorder, and donors who are not in a position to give their own consent, a legal guardian or a person having parental responsibility for the donor must consent. In the case of a donor with a mental disorder, the doctor under whose care the donor is must certify that taking a sample and testing will not adversely affect the donor, and the donor’s proper care or treatment. It is the consenting person’s responsibility to ascertain that they do have the legal right to give authorisation. It is the responsibility of the referring physician or laboratory to obtain the necessary consent. Please contact GENDIA if you need consent forms.
Terms of Contract
- In these terms of contract, “sample” will mean the specimen accepted by GENDIA for the purpose of genetic testing. “Requestor” refers to the physician or laboratory requesting the test, as specified in the submission form.
- The purpose of the DNA analysis is to assess the probability of having an inherited predisposition to a genetic disease. The nondetection of specific mutations does not rule out the possibility of increased risk for the disease.
- The standard fee will cover:
- the genetic test
- analysis of the test result
- the test report
- Testing will only be carried out when:
- the submission form is received filled out as requested
- all the samples required are received in good condition
- The “requestor” is responsible for getting informed consent from the patient whose sample is analyzed.
- Once registration forms and samples are received, these will be deemed to constitute an order to carry out testing. If the test is cancelled for any reason, cancellation charges of 100 euro per gene per patient will apply.
- Payment of the invoice should be performed by the laboratory/person requesting the test and signing this form within 3 months after receiving GENDIA’s invoice. If payment of the invoice is not received by GENDIA within that period, GENDIA is entitled a surplus payment of 5% per quarter.
- GENDIA reserves the right to request more samples, especially, but not exclusively, in cases where the sample taken does not comply with the volume specified in the instructions issued, or where the integrity of the sample is in doubt.
- GENDIA will take all reasonable steps to produce a report within the stipulated time, but cannot accept responsibility for any delays.
- GENDIA will send a copy of the test report to the requestor. In all other respects GENDIA will keep the results confidential, and will not submit them to any other party. GENDIA will carry out the test only on the understanding that the Requestor will make the report available to all persons who consented for a DNA sample to be analyzed.
- GENDIA is not responsible for the authenticity of the samples provided for testing.
- GENDIA is not responsible for any psychological, legal or practical consequences of the test.
- GENDIA assures that the sample will only be used for the test indicated by the requestor, who can ask to destroy the sample at any time.
- This agreement will be subject to the Belgian law and to the jurisdiction of the Belgian courts.